Hiring Organization / Company: Lowe's Home Improvement
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Floor Department Supervisor, this means:
- Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping customers provide the best service.
- Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as providing input into merchandising decisions.
- Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. Sales Floor Department Supervisors are responsible for customer-facing activities (e.g., greeting customers, clarifying needs and identifying solutions, closing sales), non-customer-facing activities (e.g., down stocking, inventory management, area recovery) and store safety (e.g., conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, understanding safety and lifting directions).
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor works with his/her leaders to identify approaches and behaviors that best meet sales and service objectives, then communicates those best practices to the team in a way that inspires engaging, customer-focused behavior and goal attainment. Further, the Sales Floor Department Supervisor must supervise associates in other departments, as needed, to meet the demands of the store. This requires broad product knowledge and the ability to engage associates and customers across departments. It is important that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, praises, and morale.
In addition to the responsibilities summarized above, individuals in this role may occasionally open or close the store or serve as manager-on-duty (MOD).
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores/outlets.
What We're Looking For
- Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
- 1 year of experience in customer service.
- 1 year of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
- Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
- Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
- Experience working cross-functionally.
- Experience Using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 3 years of retail customer service experience.
- 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (Pro Department Supervisor).
- Experience in a leadership role with direct report responsibility.
- Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment.
- Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty responsibilities.
- Experience using store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
By submitting your details via this job posting, you authorize Lowe's to contact you and request additional personal information, as needed, related to the application process. Please note – to be considered for this role; you must complete a full application at jobs.lowes.com. For job application questions or assistance, please call 1-844-HRLowes (1-844-475-6937).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.52 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- One location
Work Location: One location
Job Location Information:
Location: Tukwila, Wa 98188
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is among the hardest jobs in this day and age. Typically, you are going to don’t have any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be easy if you realize the place to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are pointers that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an implausible and commonly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide critical training, property, and techniques for process seekers. Those companies can be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A easy Internet scan for job firms for your areamust uncover where and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The top objective for that is to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment products and services can often be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn out to be into an enduring process for the individuals who carry out smartly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money when cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.